MN Carry Permit Renewal Training ($100)
MN PERMIT HAS RECIPROCITY WITH MULTIPLE STATES THE CLASS CERTIFICATE WILL ALLOW YOU TO APPLY FOR A FLORIDA PERMIT (GIVING YOU ADDITIONAL STATES RECIPROCITY)
- Range Fee
- Snacks and Refreshments
- Packet Containing outline of class, handouts and the permit application
A program for the experienced shooter, to meet the requirements of the Minnesota Personal Protection Act of 2003. We have created a carry program for responsible citizens who wish to carry a handgun for self defense. We use a comprehensive, A to Z approach on the subject of personal carry.
PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUPPLY THEIR OWN FIREARM (HANDGUN)
AND AMMUNITION (MUST ABIDE BY AMMO RESTRICTIONS)
Demonstrate handgun proficiency by obtaining a minimum score of 80% (80 out of a maximum of 100 points) on a Transtar II target. Participants will shoot a total of 20 rounds, from distances of 15 and 25 feet.
- Identify differences between safety at home, in public and at the range
- Handle misfires, hang fires and squib loads
- Identify the ways to safely load and unload a handgun at home or transition from carry mode to transportation
- Perform fundamentals of pistol use
- Identify the steps to apply for a permit to carry in Minnesota
- Identify the difference between carrying and transporting
- Identify where a handgun may or may not be carried
- Identify things you can and can not do when carrying
- Elements in avoiding conflict, danger and trouble
- Identify the Threat Progression System and its components
- Identify when lethal force is justified by Minnesota Statute 609.065.
- Prepare for the situation when lethal force is needed